Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Garden Runneth Over

Well, tis the season for the harvest and I have been busy canning. Salsa is what I have been making. I canned another 21 jars last night to add to the 27 I did a few weeks ago. Guess what? I still have tomatoes. Any one want some?

I also have had an abundance of cantalope. Picked another 7. I love cantalope, but enough is enough. I have started taking them to school to give away. The watermelon is just ripe now too, and I had 7 of them. I may need to take some of them to school to give away too.

I'm not complaining, we have had an amazing amount of food out of our garden. I think of all the dollars saved by not having to buy fruits and veggies at the store. And on the plus side, they are so fresh right out of the garden. I wonder if my success was due to Emily's sprinkling of the mysterious fertilizer? Could be.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm jealous! Our one cantaloupe exploded. I need to learn how to make salsa.

Carbon and Cindy said...

linda I can show you how to make salsa. It's pretty easy

DianaCotner said...

Mysterious fertilizer???? I think it's called miracle grow... Thanks for the cantaloupe you gave me. It's delicious!

Anonymous said...

Well, we are unfortunate not to have a garden, so send some our way if you need!! ;)